Baristart Coffee Singapore [Must visit for Fresh Cream Puff]




I first knew Baristart Coffee Singapore through Instagram advertisement and postings from my ex-colleagues. Everyone is posting photos and tagging them on Instagram. This got me wondering if it's really THAT good.


Baristart Coffee
65 Tras St 079004 Singapore
Operating Hours: 9AM - 7PM 

https://goo.gl/maps/5YmhDLHRfg9huPX49
Tel: +65 6904 3168
Walk-in only from my understanding. Do not think they accept reservations. Can get very crowded during peak hours.


Review: My personal thoughts? Some dishes are super overrated despite all the paid reviews and stuff. The pictures will do the talking on the food quality. I checked around with my friend who has dined there and they agree on the fact that some of the dishes are below average.

Nonetheless, the cream puff and the chestnut parfait is 100% worth it. In that aspect, wouldn't mind dropping again for their cream puff and Mont Blanc Parfait. But I will definitely not try the other dishes for sure. Secondly, the servers are often too busy but would really want to compliment them on putting up a great smile all the time. 

I have to get the utensils myself which I don't really mind as they missed out giving us some basic cutlery as we ordered quite a few dishes. The layout of the cafe is pretty good to hang out with your friends but it's a bit too cramp for you to queue up while waiting for seats when you walk-in.






The first dish was: Tamagosando. It does not live up to its name. First, the egg flavour is lacking or should I say it taste rather diluted. I found the mayonnaise overpowering and spoils the whole Tamagosando. Would prefer the bread to be toasted more as the Tamago is too moist. Balance is seriously lacking.


 
 Second dish: Tonkatsu Sandwich. Big NO. Too dry. The Picture speaks for itself. The crispness of the tonkatsu breadcrumb is lacking as its soaked with the sauce. The sauce is more to the sour side than sweet. it's not to my liking. While the bread is toasted well at both sides. The cabbage should be cut even thinner as it makes everything too dry. ($16.80 SGD)

For a decent cabbage and tonkatsu duo, I would highly recommend the Tonkatsu by Ma Maison in Singapore at Mandarin Gallery Outlet. #02-36 The Price is higher but definitely worth it. See Map here.
https://goo.gl/maps/wiYCMtXBYSMH9YHU8



Yet. there is something that makes me want to head back to Baristart Singapore again. If not for this puff. It's their legendary cream Puff! Comparing the cream puff at Japanese Patisserie Chateraise. I preferred the one at Baristart Coffee. The filling is generous and the portion is very big. The cream is very very very smooth. The cream taste milky sweet. Made from Hokkiado Milk in Biei. It is no wonder that everyone sings praises for this dish. Guaranteed made fresh daily as told by the waiter. ($4/50/ pc) 


Obihiro Butadon ($18.80)  I find the buta abit overcooked. As it is pretty hard to bite on honestly. The rice is also too dry. While the sauce used to glazed the buta is tasty and savoury. I will give this dish a miss. 



Kuma Parfait. Looks cute on the outside. But the chocolate is too much to my liking. It's overwhelmingly sweet and chocolatey. Balance is very important which is lacking here and I got sick of the taste gradually.


 ($8++ SGD) Chestnut & Mont-Blanc Parfait is also another dessert I do not mind coming back for. Topped with home-made vanilla ice cream, houjicha (Japanese roasted tea) pudding, and crushed Cookies. You can also spot Feuillantine at the bottom. A thin flaky crispy fragrant pastry that pairs very well with the icecream. Highly recommended.



Cappucino was i would say so-so. Simply average.




Vanilla latte. Also finding this average. 

I'm happy to just sit in a cafe and watch people

Date Visited:22.03.2019
Date Published:19.05.2019
Follow me @ my Instagram📷


Translate

Instafeeds

Made with by Annabelle| Blogskin credits to Katherine from OddThemes